Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Website and orders taken over the phone
“Westmeath Windows” is a trading name of Westmeath Windows and Doors Limited. Visitors to www.westmeathwindows.ie are asked to read our Terms and Conditions in full. Individuals, who do not read these terms and conditions should exit this website. Westmeath Windows reserves the right to change the terms, conditions and notices under which Westmeath Windows goods are offered.
Children Under 18
If you are under 18 you must ask your parent or guardian before you buy anything on the Westmeath Windows website, email the website, send in any information to Westmeath Windows or ask Westmeath Windows to email you anything. By continuing to use this website and any of the services offered, you are confirming that you have received the consent of your parents or a guardian. However it is the ultimate responsibility or the parent or guardian to ensure that all children under 18 are supervised when online and to ensure that the appropriate parental control tools are put in place.
No information collected from anyone under the age of 18 will be used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatever as is stated when you register for competitions or promotions. Notification of a win or prize will be sent directly to the parent or legal guardian, identified in the initial registration process.
Use of the Site
Users agree that you will only use our web site in a way which is consistent with our terms and conditions and which complies with applicable laws and regulations. In particular you agree that you will not use our website to upload or send any material which contains software viruses or other codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or in any other manner which would interfere with or disrupt our web site. You acknowledge that our website and any goods that you obtain from our website are provided for your personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purposes or distributed commercially without our permission.
You agree to indemnify and hold Westmeath Windows, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post to or transmit through the Site, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, neither Westmeath Windows nor any of its directors, employees, affiliates or other representatives will be liable for loss or damages arising out of or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, the materials in and/or facilities or services offered through this website, including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of data, income, profit or opportunity, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties, even if the Club and/or Westmeath Windows have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages or such loss or damages were reasonably foreseeable. If this clause is unenforceable in whole or in part in any jurisdiction due to relevant laws, then in no event shall Westmeath Windows total liability to you for all damages, losses, and claims (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this website.
These Terms and Conditions and any contracts made under them are governed by and shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Republic of Ireland whose courts shall be courts of exclusive competent jurisdiction. We make no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Customers who access this web site from locations outside the Republic of Ireland do so at their own risk and on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent that any local laws are applicable. Nothing in these Terms shall in any way be deemed to restrict or affect your statutory rights under the law of the Republic of Ireland.
Westmeath Windows has taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the contents on this web site, but makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the operation of the site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Westmeath Windows makes no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. Westmeath Windows reserves the right to change price and availability information without notice. Westmeath Windows shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. Westmeath Windows reserves the right to decline orders for bulk or high value purchases. No exclusions of Westmeath Windows liability in these Terms shall apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Westmeath Windows or any of its directors, employees or agents or fraudulent mis-statement.
We may amend this website and our services at anytime with or without notice to you.
Westmeath Windows will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that this website is fully operational at all times. However we cannot guarantee that the website will be fault free. In particular access to this website may be interrupted or restricted to allow for emergency or routine repairs or maintenance to be carried out or the introduction of new facilities or services. Further, by using this website and any substitute, you acknowledge and agree that the Internet uses elements and relies upon services, input and facilities which are not within the control of Westmeath Windows and if Westmeath Windows is totally or partially prevented o delayed in the performance of any of its obligations in providing a particular service, such a situation will constitute a ‘force majeure’ and Westmeath Windows shall be excused the performance for so long as such a situation endures.
Delivery Information Working days are Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. Any orders placed over the weekend will be considered as being placed on a Monday before 2pm. Please note that delivery of large, bulky goods may take 4-7 working days. This is only a guideline and is not a guarantee, Westmeath Windows are unable to take responsibility for any delays which are outside of their control. Christmas hoilday period may have extended waiting time on ordered placed over this time frame. Some orders may have mulitiple shippments due to size or warehouse distrubtion.
Large or bulky items are typically products that weight over 30kg. However some items may be classed as large or bulky items even if they weigh less than 30kg due to the products dimensions. Delivery times on larger items may take up to 2 weeks in transit once they been dispatched.
What time of day will I receive my delivery?
Orders are delivered between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
For your convenience, we can deliver your order to your work address. Therefore, when ordering please enter your work address. If applicable, include the company name.
Should you cancel the contract we will then refund you the price you have paid for the goods, shipping will NOT be refunded and where shipping is free on an original delivery, a charge will be made, because shipping is included in the original price. You cannot cancel the contract if any of the products are made to specification not normally offered on our website. You are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods, which means the goods must be unused and returned in their original packaging.
Please do not schedule or start any installation work until after you have received your order and checked all goods for any defects or missing parts. This will enable you to resolve any technical questions or to order specific additional fittings, if needed.
Complaints and Comments
If you have any complaints, queries or comments about our web site or our products supplied to you, please contact us through the contact section of our website.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS for orders placed not through our website
For the purpose of this document the Purchaser of Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited products and services will be known hereafter as the Customer.
1. Orders placed with Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited either in Writing or Verbally will be deemed a binding contact between Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited and the Customer.
2. Unless otherwise agreed with a Director of Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited an order can only be processed once a deposit has been received to Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited. Deposits are non-refundable as Materials and Glass ordered for your specific job can only be used for your Specific Job.
3. The Balance of any order is payable on the day of completion to the Customer. Balance of Invoices can be paid by debit card, credit card (charge will apply) or by bank draft. Cash or EFT’s are not accepted to pay the balance. A part payment can be requested by Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited if a job cannot be completed in full. The amount will be calculated as a percentage of the outstanding work completed. Where this applies the remaining balance is to be paid on full completion. The ownership of the goods shall remain with Westmeath Windows and Doors until the full payment of the goods has been received in full by Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited.
4. In the event of a complaint the Customer must notify Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited within two days from delivery date to the Customer.
5. Hardware i.e Door Handles and Hinges are covered for 1 year. Note that Letter-boxes are not covered under the warranty. The first 12 months on Hardware includes parts. Service charge on labour will apply after 6 months. Small defects on Glass units are not covered due to the toughening process carried out by our suppliers. We strongly advise customers to opt for lever/lever handle system and not the Heritage Slam Lock. We do not guarantee the Heritage lock or any issues caused by it. Hinges that are exposed to weather may experience faster fading rates.
6. Westmeath Windows and Doors Ltd recommend that the customer cleans the windows 48hrs after installation so that all sillicones have fully cured
7. Alarms – we are not responsible for the removal or refitting of alarms. If we are obliging a customer by removing an alarm in order to install our products and any damage comes to the alarm during this removal the onus is on the customer to cover any costs for fixing of same.
8. Any Deliveries made by Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited to a Building Site are carried out on the strict understanding that such building sites are in compliance with Health and safety recommendations and legislation.
9. All goods sold to the customer shall remain the property of Westmeath Windows & Doors Ltd until paid for in full.
10. It is hereby acknowledged and agreed that nothing contained in this document shall deprive the Customer of their common law rights, which are hereby confirmed.
CUSTOMER AFTER CARE
1 As per our Terms & Conditions of Business Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited Guarantee products supplied. This Guarantee does not cover any damage which is outside the control of Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited and not due to Default on the part of Westmeath Windows & Doors Limited.
PVC is Guaranteed for 10 years
Glass Units are Guaranteed for 5 years
Composite Doors are Guaranteed for 12 years against discolouration, bubbling or blistering
Please Note: We do not cover for any consequential loss.